Tuesday 4 August 2015

Latest Embroidery

 I started yet another cross stitch design the other day. I know I know I already have several hundred on the go but that way I have just the right project to stitch at just the right time.

As soon as I saw this I wanted to stitch it immediately, which was strange as it is not my usual choice of style. The other strange thing was that it is most definitely autumnal colours, whereas I am usually bang on season with my crafting - maybe its because the seasons have been so strange recently and all feel rather topsy turvy.

It is a smallish design by Barbara Ana Designs, A&E which stands for Adam and Eve, very sweet. I am stitching it on 35 count Lakeside Linens Vintage Maple Sugar a slightly different choice to the one suggested but the colour of this linen spoke to me. Here are the threads and linen ready to get started. I am hoping to maybe stitch the finished piece into a purse like it is on the front cover as it is so sweet, I just need to try and source a stitch in purse frame that suits the design as I prefer stitch in to glue in.


Autumnal Threads!


To break away from the feel of Autumn I thought I would post some photos of the Water Irises that have just flowered in our little water barrel.







Hopefully I will be posting the finished piece soon!

No comments: